Compliance Extra Level

The WCAG 2 has 3 priority levels plus an extra level of techniques for
special target groups.

I don't think this extra level is necessary. These techniques should be
placed in level 3 or dropped altogether.

Very very few sites strive for level 3 compliance. Level 3 is really for
marginal issues that almost nobody strives to achieve (the WAI site itself
only states level 2 compliance).

I see only 3 techniques in the current draft [1] that are marked as
deprecated and destined for the extra level:
1) Using FRAME targets
2) d-links
3) frame relationships

Why create a special category for these few items when level 3 already
exists for marginal issues? Do we really need a 'level 4' category?

If these techniques are useless then let's dump them. If they serve a
marginal purpose then let's make them level 3 with the rest of the marginal
issues.

Chris

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#frame_popup