From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Gregg Vanderheiden
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 4:15 PM
To: 'Sailesh Panchang'; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Supporting Technology

Right

   In conjunction with techniques we will be developing   "Technology
Specific Checklists".    These checklists will be what people actually
use in practice since they will say specifically what must be done with
each technology to meet the WCAG.

The checklists will be for technologies or sets of technologies that can
meet all of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines.  They will have to allow a person
to at least meet all of the level 1 success criteria.  ( or else they
would have to start out with a statement that in order for content
presented with this technology to meet WCAG 2.0 all content must also be
presented in another technology in a form that did meet minimum WCAG 2.0
--- which of course is not very encouraging)

 So there would be no CSS checklist.  Only an HTML plus CSS checklist.
Or an XHTML plus CSS checklist.   Or XHTML + CSS + Scripting checklist.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center