Until user agents... (WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 10.1)

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:48:16 +0100
To: "WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi,
in the italian web accessibility mailing list
(webaccessibile@itlists.org) we are discussing about "Until user
agents...." issues, that will be the "focus" of the future WCAG 1.0
Second Edition.

But what is to remove? the text "Until user agents"?

For eg: checkpoint 10.1 said:

"Until user agents allow users to turn off spawned windows, do not cause
pop-ups or other windows to appear and do not change the current window
without informing the user. [Priority 2] "

it will be:

"do not cause pop-ups or other windows to appear and do not change the
current window without informing the user. [Priority 2]"

and, at now, how we apply it? We need to not use the new windows and/or
must inform the user about this fact?

Thank to anyone that can take me this out from this blackhole :)