Supporting Technology

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:52:02 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Wendy,
Introducing  concept of supporting technology and  host technology is really important for the Gateway doc ... and perhaps in the main WCAG 2.0 doc.
Identifying CSS, scripting etc. as supporting and XHTML as host technology  will be really helpful. Necessary to point out the supporting technologies cannot be used independently to develop Web content and cannot be used to satisfy all checkpoints. Saying this explicitly will avoid confusion.