Great moment in Europe

From: Maurizio Vittoria <vittoria@marciana.venezia.sbn.it>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:38:15 +0100
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Dear friends,
now, in Europe,  is a great moment about accessibility:

1) in Italy we have the new Law
2) the Europea Plan "MINERVA" has published in november 2003 the official
"Handbook for quality in cultural Web sites" [1].  It is an important step
into the european cultural life on the web, because
the states members of UE will translate it in the own language and then
will be applied.
The goals about accessibility in this "Handbook " is  is to follow the W3C
WAI recommendations like primary condition, and we are very happy of this.
I encourage to you to watch it and to say what of thoughts.

Ciao to all, and Happy New Year!
Maurizio

---_
[1] http://www.minervaeurope.org/publications/qualitycriteria1_2draft/table.htm