Re: Participation in good standing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Deering" <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@sidar.org>
Cc: "WAI-GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: Participation in good standing

I have no problem with this process and support it as probably the only
way to get things done, but there does seem to need to be some other way
or avenue for people to be involved.  But also, what you say about
reading the mailing list and sending timely regrets as remaining in good
standing is only born out when you render that interpretation of the
charter.

Roberto:
There are no other possibile ways... I wanna remember all that in the
W3C, the "C" means Consortium. The Consortium is done by members
(regoular and affiliate) that with the "consensum" approve documents
like the process document. For give possibility to other people to
partecipate to the Working Group and Consortium activites the members
have agree to give possibility to the Working Group chairs to invite the
"Invited Experts" that *could* become Good Standing members like the
member representatives that in the working group has the same right to
vote. "Working Group" means "work", not "i partecipate when I can but
the cost of the teleconference is high, I cannot follow the discussion,
I cannot meet in the F2F", because it is clear in the requirements for
the "active" partecipation. W3C Members in the process document has
think about the Interest Group (IG) that are the best place to post
comments if there is no possibility to have active partecipation. As
Wendy said some weeks ago, the IG is monitored and the most interesting
post are moved in Bugzilla and discussed in teleconferences.

Roberto Scano (rscano@iwa-italy.org)
IWA/HWG International Project Manager and EMEA Coordinator
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
W3C Advisory Commitee Representative for IWA/HWG
W3C WCAG Working Group Member - W3C ATAG Working Group Member
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org