Re: Participation in good standing

Joe,

Please note that this [1] is a draft, it is not final and we are still
discussing it.  I have clarified this by adding the following disclaimer to
the beginning of the document: "This is a draft. This has not been approved
by the WCAG WG and is not operative. It is for discussion purposes
only.  Please send comments to w3c-wai-gl@w3.org."

At Wednesday's meeting we discussed that if someone had to attend both
the  techniques task force telecon *and* the WCAG WG telecon *and* keep up
on  the mailing list, the minimum 4 hours of time expected to contribute
(per our charter) would be eaten up without doing any real
work.  Therefore, it seems to make sense that a person could participate in
either the task force telecons or the WCAG WG telecons to be considered a
participant in good standing.  However, we want to make sure that we are
not running two separate groups.  The task force is not publishing its own
documents, it is working on documents for the WCAG WG.  Keeping the two
groups in synch is key and overlapping participation helps.

Our policies will not change overnight or without warning.  This is a draft
that was produced for discussion.  This is part of the transition to
adopting our new charter and the new process document and, in the near
future, adopting the new patent policy.  As part of this transition, other
aspects of our work will be discussed, better documented and revised.

--wendy

[1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2003/12/wttf.html>

--
wendy a chisholm