RE: Abbreviations and Acronyms: [techs] Latest HTML Techniques Draft

Ugh.  Wendy quoted the XHTML 2 spec:

from the XHTML 2.0  spec:
The abbr element indicates that a text fragment is an abbreviation
(e.g.,
W3C, XML, Inc., Ltd., Mass., etc.); this includes acronyms.

Ugh! It would be better to say something like, The abbr element
indicates that  a text fragment is either an abbreviation or an
acronym..<

abbr title="By the way">BTW</abbr>, I wonder how the linguists feel
about making acronym and abbreviation synonymous?

John

"Good design is accessible design."
Please note our new name and URL!
John Slatin, Ph.D.