Re: Form and label element association

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:40:07 +0100 (MET)
To: "Maurizio Boscarol" <maurizio@usabile.it>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> [...] remember that placeholder text can be a useful format
> entry help: i.e., dd-mm-yyyy, or so.

I disagree, since some users might have difficulties using it (if you pass
on e.g. JavaScript, the user is forced to remove all place holders), and even
JavaScript effects might be irritating (what text was there before I clicked
it?). It's IMO better to display a sample text near the corresponding field
(and use the title attribute, too, which I perceive as a good solution) --
that's usable as well as accessible.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--