From: Yvette P. Hoitink [mailto:y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 2:23 PM
To: 'Doyle Burnett'; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Examples of language changes in websites

In Dutch, the word 'sitemap' (one word) is used a lot. This is yet another
example of the Dutch habit of glueing words together, which is gramatically
correct in Dutch. This is so normal for me I didn't even recognize this as
not being entirely English...

Dutchmen pronounce 'sitemap' with the English pronounciation. It is not
(yet) in the Dutch standard wordlist. Just like the word 'cadeaushoppen',
this is another example of a word whose language cannot be identified within
the current HTML standards since it's neither Dutch nor English.

Yvette Hoitink
CEO Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl