RE: No WCAG teleconference this week

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:12:44 +0100
To: "'Jason White'" <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "'Web Content Accessibility Guidelines'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I guess this is because of Thanksgiving? The US is the only country who
celebrates Thanksgiving, as far as I know. Does this mean that if the US has
a holiday, the meeting is cancelled by default? How many countries have to
celebrate a holiday before a meeting is cancelled? Or is it because the
conference bridge is located in the US?

Since this is an international newsgroup I would appreciate it if meetings
that are cancelled because of holidays somewhere in the world would be
announced a bit earlier. If I hadn't had to cancel, I would not have known
there was no meeting tonight and would have called in for nothing and
wondered what was happening.

For you Americans out there: Enjoy the holiday!

Yvette Hoitink
CEO Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands