Re: WAKE UP CALL !-( mouse gestures

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:28:18 +0000
Cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>

Matt, Doyle and Joe

David was the only respondent prepared to consider* before shooting
their mouth off, we all make mistakes.....
presumably you're also GB present and appreciated David!

All your further thoughts would be appreciated. it's a long time since
anyone in WCAG put anytime into the script-tech document.
I wrote and edited with the help of Jim and Wendy, and it still has a
long way to go.

Less hot air from you folks and a little more shoulder to the wheel
could be a prayer for the day.
javascript crap is very prevalent, if you don't know this already have
a chat with Jim, or take a look at some of my pages :-)

thanks

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk
"A web by people with learning difficulties"

*I gave a link where javascript is used to implement mouse gestures,
and mentioned that I'd updated the script techs document that I
maintain.
Surely that makes it clear that this is nothing to do with user agents,
or browser implemented mouse gesture.

copy of original mail below:

http://www.bitesizeinc.net/index.php/gesture.html  featured in /. today
not sure what the accessibility issues might be, but didn't work for me
on mac, only pc with ie6.

have added link to script techs document:
http://www.learningdifficulty.org/develop/script-techs.html

thanks