Re: Access keys

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:37:46 -0600
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, lguarino@adobe.com

Loretta,
I would suggest a accessey mode.  So that the next key is only interpreted
as an accesskey.

Jon

At 08:16 AM 11/15/2003 -0800, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:

>Jon,
>   I'm asking primarily from a User Agent point of view. We are worried
>about the accessibility implications of access keys in PDF files. We
>have the advantage that there are many fewers user agents for this
>format, but the disadvantage that nearly all keystroke combinations
>are already in use for something.
>  It is valuable to know that Opera provides a mode for enabling and
>disabling access keys.
>
>Thanks, Loretta

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/