Re: Access keys

Loretta,

COuld I get a little clarification.  Are you asking from a user agent
developer point of view or from an author point of view?

From a user agent developer point of view there are several choices.  The
user agent should provide a mode where accesskey bindings take precendence
over user agent binding conflicts.  Foe example Opera implements
accesskeys by requireing an acceeksy mode by pressing SHIFT-ESC and then
the accesskey.

From an author point of view I think you assign accesskeys based on what
makes sense for your document.  If you took into account all the potential
conflicts of the major browsers, you would have a pretty limited set of
keys.  Remember some browsers have no conflicts like Opera.  Recommend
people use those types of browsers if they want to use accesskey
functions.

Jon