Re: W3C form usability:'tabindex' for forms

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:17:20 +0100 (MET)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> Usability problem on the matter of tabindex for a W3C form?:
> 1. The W3C Search form http://search.w3.org/
> gives two choices as radio buttons- search W3C.org or Search WWW.

ACK, and by the way, there is also a clear statement according to Jakob
Nielsen (and every experience you ever made testing interfaces): Only provide the
functionality to search a site, not the Web. If users want to search the
Web, they use their preferred search engine (portal applications might represent
an exception, but I don't use any portal to search the Web, either).

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert