Re: PLAIN: Proposed rewording for Guideline 2.4 with success criteria, best practices, benefits, and examples

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:28:56 -0500
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>Current wording for Checkpoint 2.4
>
>2.4 [E5] Mechanisms have been added to facilitate orientation and movement
>in content.
>
>Proposed wording for Guideline 2.4
>
>2.4 [E5] Make it easy for users to browse the resource, to know their
>place in it, and to find information they need.

I'm concerned that "browse the resource" will not apply to Web applications
since "browsing" isn't usually a task associated with an
application.  Perhaps "Make it easy for users to interact with a resource,
to know their place in it, and to find information they need" ??

This concern applies to the rest of the Guideline but I do not have a
proposed rewording.

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm