HTML techniques - Image and text link side by side examples (No blocker)

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:31:31 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

In the techniques document, there is a technique about using image and text
links side by side:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS-20031020.html#imagetex
tlinks>

There are three examples that accompany this technique. However, the first
two are the 'don'ts' and the third one is the correct example. Can't we use
mark-up to show that the first two are unwanted examples, for instance like
the illegal examples in the HTML spec section 11.2?
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html>

Especially when reading technical documents, people tend to gloss over the
text and look straight at the examples to see how the technique should be
applied. I think it must be very clear if examples are given for unwanted
situations.

Yvette Hoitink
CEO Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands