RE: HTML Techniques - Uncategorized techniques

I moved the meta redirect and refresh outside of the metadata group because,
although they involve the <meta> element, they aren't metadata, in my
opinion. They are an HTML mechanism for simulating part of the HTTP response
header. In a future draft I would like to find a better home for these than
"uncategorized". These techniques overlap with techniques I expect will be
in the Server-Side, or HTTP, or whatever we call it, Techniques document.
We'll have to find a way to express that, and also to indicate when you
would follow the HTML vs. the HTTP technique. There was a thread recently
that raised that issue, and there seems to be a lot of preference for using
the HTTP technique, though there are specific reasons people use the HTML
technique. Anyway we'll have to speak to that.

There are other techniques involving the <meta> element that are in the
metadata section. These are about keywords, description, etc. and in my
opinion belong there as they provide true metadata. It's messy semantics
that the same element has such distinct uses, but there are historical
reasons for this (pre W3C) and we're stuck with it.

Michael

html#meta_redirect