Re: New proposal for WCAG conformance

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:40:49 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hello All,
WCAG1 used P1/P2/P3 to classify checkpoints and based on conformance  one could claim A, AA or AAA. The checkpoints were not classified as A, AA or AAA to begin with, as is proposed now in WCAG2.
In fact the words category 1 or 2 or 3 are tagged at the end  now in WCAG 2. This is not necessary I thinkk.
I propose that every guideline  be followed by:
"Category 1 Success Criteria", "Category 2 Success Criteria" and "Category 3 Success Criteria" for the performance criteria.
And like in WCAG 1, the conformance claim  can still be A, AA, AAA

Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387