From: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
To: "WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:51 AM
Subject: Italian Law... today will be the day

Hi to All!
Today officially will be discussed the italian law for the accessibility
of the web and software/hardware.

I think that it will be discussed about 6.00PM italian local time and
available in audio/video streaming at:

http://www.camera.it/attivita/lavori/01.aula/05.direttav.asp

Yesterday for the first time the W3C will be officially convocated to
explain why we need to refer to the EU directives about the W3C WAI
program and we as IWA/HWG has followed the creation and modification of
the law and (if approved as is) we have propose an article inside the
law that directly point to have this reference.

We hope that today we go ahead with the first of the two steps that make
the italian law with WAI (WCAG, ATAG, UAAG) references.

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Commitee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org