[techs] Summary of Techniques teleconference 15 October 2003

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:46:47 -0400
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

PRESENT

Janae Andershonis
Ben Caldwell
Wendy Chisholm
Michael Cooper
Tom Croucher
David MacDonald
Charles McCathieNevile
Chris Ridpath

DISCUSSION

We reviewed the HTML Techniques draft [1] and identified minor changes we
want to make so we can post it to TR. We plan to incorporate these changes
by the end of next week, then run the document by the larger group.

A brief discussion on testing inventoried some of the testing activities
that group members are connected with. Janae is also preparing a review of
the HTML techniques from a testing perspective.

Tom has been going through Techniques Gateway [2] and suggesting edits.
After reviewing a few suggestions, we decided Tom should incorporate his
suggestions into the Text Equivalents section of the document, and the group
can review the content and form. After that we may turn him loose on the
whole document.

ACTION ITEMS

* Michael: Create an introduction to HTML Techniques
* Charles: Complete action in Bug 180
* Ben: Create a "transcript" of the ascii art reading example
* Wendy: Update abstract and status to emphasize the draft nature of this
document
* Ben: Tweak XSLT to make deprecated examples more clear as such
* Ben: Fix XSLT creating layout table in resources
* Ben: Synchronize our view with I18N view
* Michael: Create IDs for every major element in document
* Wendy: Create change log
* Wendy: Correct email address of public comments in Status section
* Ben: Put intro text on issue tracking page to indicate where comments go
* Tom: Edit Techniques Gateway document, starting with text equivalents to
show what the edits are like
* Wendy: Clean up XML source of Techniques Gateway