Action Item bug 388

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:14:58 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Folks

I was to write a paragraph explaining why we abandoned the "Priority" system
and how we are organizing them instead.  I like the first part of this
paragraph explaining why we abandoned the priority system. But the last
sentence could perhaps be a little clearer.  For the purposes of the
meeting, here's where it is so far.  I'll see what I can do about the last
sentence.  I'm open to suggestions.

In WCAG 2.0, guidelines are not divided up according to priority.  The
reason for this is that every success criteria could make the difference
between accessibility and inaccessibility for some group of users.  Given
this, there is no way to make some checkpoints more important than others
without implying that some users are more important than others.  Thus, the
guidelines and checkpoints have been reorganized based upon the degree to
which they don't prescribe the default presentation or expression of the
content.

Cheers

David MacDonald

Access Empowers People...