From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Maurizio Vittoria
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 2:15 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Accesskey: there are "techniques"?

I  agree  the application of the number in accesskey simply because:

- the numbers are known to universal level
- the numbers do not depend on the language (e.g.:H=Hepl in English, but in
Italian  is A=Aiuto, etc.)
- the numbers do not interfere with eventual keys it fix to you from the
system or the programs
- the numbers are only 10, and this simplifies the application and the
understanding of the accesskeys
- from 0 to 9 it can be one hierarchical scale.

         Maurizio

-----
Maurizio Vittoria
Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana