Re: Macromedia Flash Ads

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Deering" <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
To: "WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:52 AM
Subject: Macromedia Flash Ads

> I use a number of browsers, and I'll often use my least favourite
browser if
> I can turn Flash ads off.  But sometimes I do want to follow an ad.
What is
> really annoying is there seems to be no facility in Flash to
facilitate
> middle mouse button opening windows in the background (sorry Mac
users), or
> the normal right click to allow the user to open in another window,
which in
> some tabbed based browsers creates and action to just open it in
another
> background tab.  There seems no other option but to left click and
have it
> open in another window, which is not following the spirit of
accessibility.

> What is Macromedia doing to address this problem, if anything?

Also textual banner ads are not always good for the accessibility.
This is the reply that I've received by Google regarding the possibility
to resize the text:

"Thank you for your email.

Currently we do not offer the option of changing the font sizes of the
ads. However, we appreciate your taking the time to offer us this
feedback
regarding our ads and encourage you to continue to let us know how we
can
improve Google AdSense. As AdSense is still a young program, new
features
are under consideration and your feedback is very helpful.

Sincerely,

The Google Team"

These are the "standards" for the banner ADS:
http://www.iab.net/standards/guidelines.asp

So, IMHO, we need to refer to this and suggest accessibility guidelines
for these...