  From: Wendy A Chisholm
  To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 4:35 PM
  Subject: Scope of WCAG 2.0 (was: Re: Minor edits to the draft charter)

  To address Roberto's comment, does anyone disagree with replacing the scope
  of WCAG 2.0 [1] with:
    "These guidelines cover a wide range of issues and recommendations for
  making Web content more accessible. They include recommendations to make
  pages accessible and usable by people with a full range of
  disabilities.  In some cases something that makes Web content more 'usable'
  by one person makes it 'accessible' to another.  The guidelines do not
  attempt to address all usability recommendations, but  instead focus on
  those aspects of usability that increase accessibility."

  --wendy

  [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#scope

  --
  wendy a chisholm