RE: [320] Ability to be expressed in words

The excerpt from the National Braille Association Tape Recording Manual at
[1] gives advice on writing descriptions of  illustrations, diagrams, maps,
tables, charts, and graphs.  It includes several examples of images and
their descriptions.

To provide authors the first step to get over the hump, in the excerpt the
first step in writing a description of a figure is:
Ask yourself, "Why is it there? What does it illustrate or add to the
text?" Stress these points and avoid inconsequential details.

The excerpt begins with general guidance and becomes more specific to the
different types of visual information.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/08/nba-manual/Overview.html

--
wendy a chisholm