Re: Minor edits to the draft charter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 8:12 PM
Subject: Minor edits to the draft charter

>4. Scope:  item #1 under scope now reads:
>         "Advance WCAG 2.0 further towards a W3C Recommendation, per
>requirements ...."

Hi,
we have received from Michele Diodati (www.diodati.org) an italian
expert of accessibility that has done some translations of W3C rec., the
following question:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#scope

"These guidelines cover a wide range of issues and recommendations for
making Web content more accessible. They include recommendations to make
pages accessible and usable by people with a full range of disabilities.
In general, the guidelines do not include standard usability
recommendations except where they have specific ramifications for
accessibility beyond standard usability impacts."

For a non-english speaking (and I think also for english ones) is not
clear what means "In general, the guidelines do not include standard
usability recommendations except where they have specific ramifications
for accessibility beyond standard usability impacts." and must be
explained in more "plain language".

If the "scope" is not clear, is it not a good thing :)