Conformance vs. Certification

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:10:09 +0200
To: "WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doyle Burnett" <dburnett@sesa.org>
To: "W3C Web Content" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 11:39 PM
Subject: Conformance Claims

> I am not sure there is an answer to these questions or concerns but
have
> been paying attention to those sites that claim to meet WCAG 1.0 and
have
> done machine and manual tests to determine the validity of the claims.

I wanna point also the focus about "Certification" of WCAG.
There are lot of companies that are starting the "WAB" (Web
Accessibility Business)...
Today I've found this example: http://www.nfb.org/seal/wacs.htm and i
think that there would be also other countries that will develop their
certification program.

I've also post in the AC Representative list this proposal: why don't
add in the copyright section and / or in the "Conformance Claims" a text
similar to this one:

"Certification
The materials contained in this web site must be considered as
guidelines. No certification programs could be start using this material
without a prior agreement with the World Wide Web Consortium".