Re: Links from Yvette

----- Original Message -----
From: "Y.P. Hoitink" <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
To: "'WCAG List'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 6:48 PM
Subject: RE: Links from Yvette

> Another advantage of using the title-attribute of UL is that it can be
used
> to describe the hierarchy of links in the navigation by giving subsequent
> UL's their own titles if necessary. I think Roberto's addition makes using
> unordered lists a very useful way to group links.

Thank u! The title attribute is recognized as a valid attribute also for
?

Searching for support of screen readers for <dl> I've found a thread in a
mailing list that talk about this page as example:
http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/.
This page is 100% valid HTML 4.0 Transitional so I believe the problem with
this page is its size, it's over 150 kilobytes. I did some "research" and
have reason to believe that Jaws' crashing is due to the large
definition-list (<dl> tag in HTML). When I changed the definition list to an
and <dd> to <li>) Jaws would run just fine.

Also, is necessary to check with UAAG WG about recognizing of <dl> and <ul>
and if there is the possibility to "skip" all the <li> contained in these.

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Commitee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org
This email is not an offer to do business, but is only a discussion.
All agreements with IWA must be in writing and acknowledged
by IWA International management.