From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Loretta Guarino Reid
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 3:22 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Gateway Techniques

Wendy and I were looking at the general/technology-independent techniques,
put them into order so we can start working on them.

In WCAG 1, there are two documents, Techniques for Web Content Accessibility

Guidelines 1.0, and Core Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

1.0. The first document lists the different checkpoints and includes links
the relevant sections of technology-specific techniques. The second document

contains technology-independent techniques for accessibility.

For WCAG2, I'd like to propose that we combine these two documents into a
single document, Gateway Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

2.0. This would list the checkpoint from WCAG 2.0, it would include
technology-independent discussions and definitions for the checkpoints, and
it
would include links to the technology-specific techniques for each
checkpoint.

For instance, this would be the place to explain what makes a good alternate

description, or the color contrast issues in foreground and background
colors,
or the extensive advice that Lisa and Avi assembled on writing style.

I'm working on a rough draft based on the WCAG 1 documents, so that we can
all
take a look at it and see whether this seems like a good organization.

Reactions? Thoughts?

Loretta