RE: [html-techs] New HTML Techniques for WCAG 2.0 *rough* draft

About those title attributes that say title="Link to page x":

The phrase "Link to" adds unnecessary auditory clutter (screen readers
and talking browsers signal the presence of links) and thwarts an
important navigation aid for people who use the links-list features of
tools like JAWS and HPR.  Links lists can be navigated alphabetically--
press the letter "N," for example, and you jump to the next item in the
links-list that begins with that letter.  This allows users to work more
quickly, especially on sites that they're familiar with.  If all the
link text starts with the same letter, that ability is lost.

(The title attribute will show up in the links list for JAWS, for
example).

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712