From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@wiscmail.wisc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:56 pm
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: REF 1.6 - New Success Criteria

New Checkpoint

Second Required Success Criteria for 1.6

We don't anywhere talk about a checkpoint regarding background color.  I
think that we need to have one and I think it should be required.

Suggest the following.

Text that is presented at checkpoint 2 - text that is presented over a
background color or gray scale has a mechanism that allows the text to
be presented in a fashion that there is a greater than ______ contrast
between text and background color as measured by ______.

(Yes, this will need to be filled in or deleted prior to shipping.)