acronym in title...

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:46:32 +0100
To: "WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I forward the question of an IWA member:

----
I have a small issue that I am hoping you can help me with.  I am trying to
create web pages with the new standard XTML, following the rules for
accessibility set down by WCAG and Internationalizations..

1) Example: "<title>Home Page - Spiegazioni della direttiva WCAG del World
Wide Web Consortium</title>"
    On this example there is a mix of english words and italian words
because the page is wrote in italian language and is related to argument
that could not be translated in italian. I can understand that I can use
"Pagina Principale" instead of "Home Page" even if is not so nice, but I
should use <acronym> for WCAG and english spelling for "World Wide Web
Consortium". I repeat this is only an example but the concept is: how can I
switch language or how can I show acronyms inside "string" attribute?