  From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Gregg Vanderheiden
  Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:16 AM
  To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Subject: WCAG vs UAAG

  I would suggest that the line between content and user agent lie with
whether the interface comes and goes with the content or not.

  That is

  -          if when you flush the cache, the interface code is still
resident on your machine, then it is User Agent.

  o       You may have downloaded it in advance - or as an automatic step in
viewing your page. but it was downloaded and installed and persists after
the content is gone.

  -          if the interface code comes with the content and disappears
when the content is gone, then the interface is part of the content - and
not a user agent.

  Gregg

   -- ------------------------------
  NOTE: TRACE HAS MOVED TO A NEW ADDRESS