Re: 4.1 latest version

Great :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avi Arditti" <aardit@voa.gov>
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Cc: "W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; "Maurizio Boscarol"
<maurizio@usabile.it>; "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: 4.1 latest version

The irony! You're right -- I should explain ...

How about:

2) A controlled language is used (Controlled languages are designed to
make documents easier to understand and translate. They are based on
natural language, but use a restricted vocabulary and avoid complex
syntax. Controlled language standards generally limit words to a single
meaning and prescribe their use by part of speech. Much information
about controlled languages is available on the World Wide Web.)