RE: Conformance Claims and Logo

One of the major news sources for web sites is Moreover.com.  On their
FAQ page they explain why they are better than free services.  To put it
in a nutshell they have their information in XML.  Through XML they the
have the hyperlink to they news source, but many times people put "click
here" type text for the links.

What I was referring to was using the XML source in a manner consistent
with accessibility since the designer has to create the XSLT file to
parse the XML.  That can then turn the inaccessible versions provided in
JavaScript or VBScript, and the "click here" versions into an accessible
version.  That would not be plagiarism nor violation of the Millennium
Copyright Act or any other act prohibiting repackaging of services or
products.

Typically, the link will take the visitor to a totally different site
which at that time is out of our control for accessibility.  However,
there are times when the services allow the information to be pulled
into a template for presenting the news or services while remaining on
the initial site.  That again is done typically via XML.

My home page is set to Netscape's news postings.  Typically when I check
a news article or current event I'm taken to a totally different site.
However, the information on the Netscape site is primarily inaccessible
due to their programming and not using ALT attributes or providing frame
titles.

If the full article is pulled in from the originating source into a
subdomain, then would that resolve the issue since we are now outside
the "accessible domain"?  For instance, I visited tomorrow.com and
received a news feed.  In this news feed was an article title that
interested me and I clicked on it.  Instead of being sent to the
originating service, I'm sent to a subdomain like feed.tomorrow.com.
That removes me from the originating site because subdomains are
considered separate domains in most regards.

Could we require that when news feeds are used on a site and the entire
article is available through the visited site that a subdomain be used
instead of the main domain of the visited site?

Lee