RE: Please review latest requirements draft before Wednesday, 22 January

Hi Jason,

I agree with your edits on the 4.1 items

I also agree with your first suggestion on the Review Requirements.  (i.e.
"derived from the same XML Document")

For the second suggestion though that deals with removing "technology
specific" from "technology specific checklist item" I have two concerns.

1) just saying  "checklist item"  is too close to "checkpoint".  I think
there will be great and frequent confusion.

2) I don't think we will have "core" checklists.    If they apply to all
technologies, then I think they should be appended (or prepended) to the
technology specific list -- OR people will just do the technology specific
and forget the core.

Also, if there is no technology specific list, people may do ONLY the core.

I think that ALL the Success Criteria need to be treated in each Technology
Specific List.  So there would not be anything left to check on a core
checklist.

SO
I think we should continue to say "technology specific checklist" and
"technology specific checklist item".  And I don't think we should have any
"core checklists" that exist separately from the technology specific
checklists.

As always, I'm interested in comments since this is a tricky area and it is
easy to miss things.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.