From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 12:50 AM
To: Web Content Guidelines
Subject: Re: Lists in normative section

A quick clarification to my previous message to correct a poorly written
sentence: I think we should decide which of the two potential
misinterpretations Gregg identified is worse, write the guidelines in
such a way as to avoid this misinterpretation while still allowing the
other, then do our best to militate against the latter misinterpretation
so far as possible.

Of course if someone contrives a proposal that avoids both
misinterpretations/misapplications of the guidelines we should accept
it. My opinion at present is that I would rather include the "items to
be considered" in reviews directly under the review requirements
themselves, in the success criteria, rather than in separate "additional
ideas" sections. This doesn't change the substance of the review
requirements: the ultimate test is still whether a review was conducted.
Rather it simply inserts the list of desiderata directly into the text
of the success criteria that establish the requirements for a review.