Re: Agenda

From: Avi Arditti <aardit@voa.gov>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:39:45 -0500
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
CC: jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au

One of the elements of 4.1 to discuss is the format, specifically:

Should the criteria stand as statements or as questions?

If you click on the link below, you will see that the criteria for Level 1
are written as statements, while those for Level 2 are written as
questions. Is this model OK just the way it is, or should all the criteria
be written one way or the other?

What do you prefer?

Personally, I think the strongest argument for the question format is
something I believe Gregg said, that it was harder to overlook questions.
That is, it might be more likely to grab the attention of persons applying
4.1, and cause them to think more deeply about the implication of each
item. Wait a minute, ARE the noun phrases too long? IS the sentence
structure a barrier?

See you at the meeting!

Avi