RE: [166] Organize documents so they may be read without style sheets

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:16:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: Chris Brainerd <Chris.Brainerd@cds.hawaii.edu>
cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

The content should be available without the use of CSS. (By the way, this is
a test of whether the seperation of content from its presentation is
reflected in the technical modelling...)

A XAG-compliant XML format has a default stylesheet (as does XHTML). Perhaps
what we mean is that the default styling, for any medium, should be
sufficient to "read" the content - rather than saying this only applies to
HTML, which as Joe pointed out is very different to XML in regards to