Server-Side Techniques and ATAG (was: How to ... discuss an issue (was: Re: Scripting))

FWIW, server-side scripting techniques would seem to fall somewhere
between both the WCAG working group and the ATAG working group.  There
is a fuzzy border between "a server-side process that promotes
accessibility" and "an application on the server which is generating
accessible content."

I think this is a case where both groups need to have input and
understanding,
if just to know where the borders begin and end.  (For example, to what
degree do server-side techniques to satisfy WCAG have to comply with
ATAG?  At some point, this will be true -- say, a content management
system a la Edapta [RIP] but it's not always true for something like
mod_accessibility.  This is a good topic for cross-group perspectives.)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com