RE: [12] Use of headings

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:14:08 -0500
To: "'Joe Clark'" <joeclark@joeclark.org>, "'WAI-GL'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Joe Clark Wrote:
There should be no hint of prohibition against identical link or title
texts, for similar reasons. It is up to the author to decide the content of
a page, including the content expressed within structural markup.

GV Comment:
Good point.   Clearly this would have to be in Best practices section anyway
(since no required items should specify content like that) -- but even in
best practices, I would think we should only list why it is good to have
non-identical headers or links, so that authors can decide if that is a good
idea for their page or if other considerations come into play.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center