RE: passive vs active voice in May 9 Proposed reorganization

I'm confused and maybe I'm missing something?

If I am, then I apologise in advance, but don't we want to move
towards active and away from passive?

Examples:
the boy hit the ball with the bat [active]
the ball was hit with the bat by the boy [passive]

Issues:
. the left-to-right reader has to wait much longer in the passive
   voice until they get to the subject of the sentence.

. passive sentences usually take more words to say the same thing.

. the subject-verb-object structure is dominant in the Western world
[currently has most Internet users].

. passive is harder to translate into other languages.

thanks,
Gordon.