Data and layout tables: examples

From: Eric Velleman <E.Velleman@bartimeus.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:53:21 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi,

If i may follow up on my question about data and layout tables.
Thank you everybody who allready sent me answers about definitions.
Could you comment on the following examples:

Question: are the examples that follow data or layout tables (supposing that table markup has been used)?

1. What about a table that is used to layout the following columns for a list of about 150 people:
Name, telephone number, building number, floor, internal code

2. A table that is used to layout a train timetable into three columns for the trains from Amsterdam to Utrecht:
departure, arrival, sort of train

3. A table that is used for the following 'data' (sorry, i used spaces in this mail to fake columns):
Name,           Telephone number
Eric                +31 12 3456789
Peter              +31 12 3456789
Mary              +31 12 3456789
John              +31 12 3456789
etc.

4. Number of companies that correlate with the results:
Company          correlation
Philips               0,06
Johnson            0,09
Nokia                0,4