Re: [#179] Meta "location" redirect

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Cooper" <michaelc@watchfire.com>
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 5:17 PM
Subject: [#179] Meta "location" redirect

[cut]
>The suggestion was that we use the "location" header, e.g.,

>I tested this in IE6 and Mozilla 1.2 and it did not work. Further,
according
>to my understanding of HTTP, it theoretically should not work. Therefore I
>propose that we declare this a "non-technique" and close the issue, and
need
>the group's approval.

It is RFC 1945 [1]

10.11 Location

The Location response-header field defines the exact location of the
resource that was identified by the Request-URI. For 3xx responses, the
location must indicate the server's preferred URL for automatic redirection
to the resource. Only one absolute URL is allowed.

       Location       = "Location" ":" absoluteURI
An example is

       Location: http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/NewLocation.html

Roberto Scano
---