Re: Alternative definition of "Web site"

 To The Group -

Jason, I do like the basic approach you took and have some things
I'd like to add.  First, I will say what the basic additions might be and
then add them to what you previously wrote.

1.  Web sites may well have linked and un-linked resources such
that individuals are directed to a URI that may not be publically
available.

I may choose to tell a client to go to a certain page by
directing them there via e-mail or a phone call.  The information they
receive is under the same domain name but not at all available to
"just" anyone.  This information is part of the web site as I see it.

I only added, "or un-linked" below.

Web site:

A linked (or un-linked) collection of Web resources created, aggregated or
controlled by
a single administrative entity, which can be accessed via a URI. Examples of
administrative entities
include governmental departments, public and private corporations, and
individuals. Web sites may include interactive user interfaces,
multimedia and other forms of content.

Doyle Burnett