Alternative definition of "Web site"

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:01:22 +1000
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

At today's meeting I took an action item to draft an alternative
definition of "Web site" derived from observations I made during the
meeting. I don't necessarily support this proposal; it is merely
presented as an alternative to what was suggested at the face to face
meeting.

Web site:
A linked collection of Web resources created, aggregated or controlled by
a single administrative entity, which can be accessed via a URI. Examples of administrative entities
include governmental departments, public and private corporations, and
individuals. Web sites may include interactive user interfaces,
multimedia and other forms of content.

Doubtless this proposal can be improved.