RE: FW: Checkpoint 1.2 - handling comments

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:01:57 -0500 (EST)
To: john_slatin <john_slatin@forum.utexas.edu>
cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hmm. We may have different ideas of what is a high level of burden. I like
the fact that for government agencies my society doesn't count the cost, only
allowing the exception in the private sector, because business must be
profitable as well as socially responsible. But that's the point - this must
be made as a social decision and not a technical one, and so deosn' belong in
the technical guidelines but in the policy framework where they are applied.

cheers

Chaals