Re: The meaning and value of telephone conferences

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:51:13 +0000
Cc: W3C Web Content <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>

Charles

your response is as always thoughtful and pleasant to read.
Unfortunately, you responded to your concerns, not those expressed

Many members will remember Anne Pemberton, she is not easily replaced,
and has not been to my knowledge, she left because of the extremely
slow progress.
She considers that her views were effectively ignored
Her students must come first, and she now uses flash extensively,
please take a look at her work, you may all learn some humility
eventually:
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/

You fail to mention who represents the 3 groups:

Ill educated (which may include those who are socially excluded such as
LDD)

unemployed

disaffected

perhaps you can name, or members will identify themselves,

perhaps about 50% (not including voters in australia :-?) of the world
population fits in this group, yet there represention is far from
significant.

--

You comment that the quality of minutes is critical, do you personally
feel that adequate resources are being devoted to this?

Jonathan