Suggested rewording for Checkpoint 1.1

From: Graham Oliver <goliver@accease.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:36:12 +1300
To: "'w3c-wai-gl@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Current wording.
'For all non-text content that can be expressed in words, provide a text
equivalent of the function or information the non-text content was intended
to convey.'

Suggested rewording.
'Whenever possible, provide text equivalents.'

Rationale.
My brain aches when I try to understand the current wording and I eat,
sleep and dream accessibility <grin>.
If I were doing a presentation I would *have* to translate the current
wording into something that at least made sense to me before I even tried
to explain it to anyone else.
This is what has prompted this email.

Cheers
Graham

AccEase Ltd : Making on-line information accessible
Mobile : +64 21 458 967
Email : goliver@accease.com